Friend Tammy Wilson and I had plans to hit the Econ in late July but I was about to come off of a six-day work week and I was ready for a break. To add, July was only going to be a bit hotter than June. Both Tammy and I had Monday off so we jumped at the chance and invited friend Dee Kaminski to join. We had a great little group and off we went.
I always have mixed emotions on bringing cameras with me. Documenting trips is something I love to do but there are times that I don’t get to soak them up as much because of the distractions caused by the camera. So, I brought them, couldn’t find inspiration to take photos, second guessed bringing them and then it hit, I saw an image. That’s really all it takes is seeing that first image and then it’s downhill from there.
To sum the trip up:
- We saw way too many alligators to jump in the water to cool off due to the heat
- Wild Florida Butterfly Orchids were in FULL bloom
- I caught another first for the Econ, Bowfin
- A giant oak tree made a great shelter for the thunderstorm
- It took us over 12 hours
- I’ve never seen so many bald eagles
- Wildlife galore
- Plenty of fish were caught
- Laughs and a truly great Econ trip
Not much else to say other than I’m looking forward to another return trip. It’s one of my favorite places in the state. Enjoy the photos.